https://www.peterspann.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Peter-Spann-Property-Investment-Rules.jpg 633 1160 Peter Spann https://www.peterspann.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Spann-Business-Text-Logo-Black-300x60.png Peter Spann2017-02-20 23:13:432018-05-07 08:02:35Peter Spann’s Property Selection Rules
Peter Spann’s Property Selection Rules
- Only buy in the Top 20 Suburbs By Growth over the past 10 years in the State
- Ensure Growth is in an UP Swing
- Rental Returns – 4% + minimum
- Vacancy Rates in the area below 5%
- 3 – 20 kms from CBD or Satellite Cities with high growth prospects (look for permanent infrastructure investment)
- Buy AT or BELOW the median price for the city and the suburb
- Irreplaceable Features that add value
- Can add value to the property
- Meets prospective tenants needs / trends (lifestyle, affordability, transport, education, coffee culture, high street shopping, etc)
- Fits your price range
- There is always a cycle. Boom always follows gloom and gloom always follows boom, and smart investors are ahead of the curve. Know where we are in the cycle and modify your strategy accordingly.
- Yield is king – always look for higher than average rents, but growth builds wealth – only buy in high growth suburbs.
- Follow the (big) money, not the herd. Pay attention to professional investors, and genuine experts, do your own research and make your own decisions.
- Never overstretch – more wealth has been lost by people trying to get rich too quick. Leave a buffer in everything you do.
Written by Peter Spann
Peter Spann – Film Maker | Director | Business Coach | Writer | Public Speaking Coach | Presenter | Investor.
© Copyright: 2017 Peter Spann – All rights reserved